In honor of Fourth of July I thought I would share a great new recipe; a spicy roasted tomatillo and avocado dip perfect for the hot summer months! This recipe takes no more than ten minutes (once the tomatillos have roasted) and is great for backyard or rooftop bbqs!
- 4 medium tomatillos, husked and quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- small bunch of cilantro sprigs
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- tortilla chips, to serve with
- place quartered tomatillos on roasting pan and broil in oven (at 500 degrees), flip once each side has charred (about 4-5 minutes each)
- remove tomatillos and let cool for a few minutes
- place tomatillos, avocado, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, garlic and lime juice in food processor for a minute or until the mixture has the texture of relish
- season with salt and pepper
- serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!