In looking for a tasty and low-cal treat to bring to my friend’s BBQ last weekend I found a lemonade pie recipe from Betty Crocker, unfortunately for me the recipe went awry when I could not find any frozen lemonade concentrate at my local grocery store! So instead I purchased a non-alcoholic Bacardi frozen margarita can and substituted accordingly.
An unusual offering to a memorial day rooftop BBQ but boy was this thing a hit! And with one serving equaling 300 calories, I didn’t feel guilty while eating all those sandwiches, crudites, chips and dips!
- 1 graham cracker crust pie mold
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen Bacardi non-alcoholic margarita concentrate, thawed
- zest of 2 lemons
- in large bowl mix ice cream and margarita concentrate
- add lemon zest and stir
- fill in pre-made graham cracker crust
- freeze for 4 hours or until firm
- let stand at room temperature a few minutes before serving