This past weekend I celebrated my new home with a housewarming party with my nearest and dearest. But this was no ordinary housewarming as I hosted a build-your-own bloody mary, mimosa and brunch party!
I made a whole gluten-free feast for my guests to nosh on like toasted english muffins with clotted cream and jam, spicy deviled eggs with chive and dill, white chocolate and pistachio cookies, tomato/basil and spinach mini frittatas, cherry macaroons, a cheese plate, fruit platter and these honey-whipped ricotta toasts!
They were by far the easiest thing I made and ridiculously delicious. I was surprised to see these were gone just one hour into the party and the double chocolate fudge brownies still there (those were gone shortly thereafter). You can modify this recipe and use any type of bread or cracker as the base layer and use a variety of different fruits on top (strawberries would work very well on this)!
- 12 Crispbread/Crackers (I use Shar gluten-free brand)
- 15 oz Ricotta
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 TBL ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 Bosc Pear, 1 Bartlett Pear, 1 Comice Pear, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl whip ricotta with a whisk for two minutes
- Add honey and whisk together for one minute then add cinnamon and whisk for another minute
- Spread ricotta mixture onto crispbread then place one slice of each pear and sprinkle with cinnamon