The past weekend was filled with engagement parties, birthday parties, and goodbye parties and this body has simply had enough. Two nights ago I found myself with absolutely no appetite at all and figured it’s probably because I’ve eaten/dranken my body weight since Friday and this girl just couldn’t take it anymore.
So it was time to kick the butter and sweets to the curb and make something healthy for myself this week. On Monday, The Today Show featured salmon skewers with artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes that looked good and easy to make plus I haven’t made fish for a while. But instead of making skewers (I had a deboned and deskinned filet in the fridge) I made a bowl full of gluten-free penne pasta, cut the salmon into chunks, sautéed the artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes and then added them all together to make a nice little meal for the boyfriend and I. Enjoy!
- 1 bag gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 8 oz filet of salmon, cut into 1 inch wide chunks
- 1 TBL garlic, minced
- 1 TBL red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Over medium heat, saute salmon in 1 TBL olive oil and cook 1/2 way through, remove and place on plate lined with paper towel to drain excess oil
- Make pasta according to directions, drain and set aside
- Heat 1 TBL olive oil over medium heat and add garlic
- add artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes
- add pasta and stir for one minute
- season with salt/pepper and add red pepper flakes
- add salmon and cook for 1 minute
- plate and enjoy!