Since I’ll be spending America’s Independence out of the US next week (I’ll be in Barcelona at a dear friend’s wedding), I wanted to make sure I made something in honor of the occasion this week. Bring this to your backyard (or in NYC’s case…rooftop) barbecue or party for a light and refreshing alcoholic beverage that shows your American pride!
Happy (early) 4th of July!
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced into quarters
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 red apple (or white peach), sliced and cut into chunks
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio
- 1 bottle Pellegrino
- In a large pitcher, combine wine and fruit
- stir gently and let chill in refrigerator for at least 5 hours
- when ready to serve, pour 1/2 bottle of Pellegrino in
- gently stir and enjoy!